Thursday, December 4, 2008

Banging in the deals

A disturbing article in today's Recruiter Daily, somone not called Dreg Cabbage "Autralia's Leading Recruitment Industry Educator and Presenter" offers tactics for shattering candidate's $ expectations. It reassuringly drew a couple of concerned comments. Crapstracts below, note the imaginary conversations.

"When a candidate earning $60k says they expect $75k from their next job,only "loser" consultants accept that figure, he says."

"That is not their salary floor; that is a dream. We're not sellingdreams, we're selling jobs."

"If I was to find you that job; if that job was to come into my office tomorrow morning, you say you're looking for 75, and let's say that jobwas paying 70. I just want to understand, today, before I do anything,that you don't want me to call you about that?" And then shut up.

"Often, he says, the candidate will say, "if it's got all that, then I dowant you to call me". Counter this with: "But you said your minimum's 75. And I'm telling youthe maximum of my client, theoretically, is 70."If the candidate says that for the right job, they'd move for 70k, "

"a great recruiter's not finished there; you'd do it again. the right job with the right this, the right that, and it waspaying 65, 'can I just clarify, once and for all, so we don't waste each other's time, should I call other candidates of mine and not you?'

The reason you do that is so there's a bigger gap, so you can make morematches. That's the business we're in."

GOOD NEWS - Savage's entire presentation is available to purchase on DVD - click here for details.

No comments: