Thursday, November 27, 2008

A kindred spirit

It seems a London Industry Rag has an essay writing competition. Recruiters offer a daily breakdown of their busy and successful lives to other recruiters.

This is obviously shameless self-promotion, deserved of the below:

Do you think it would be too much to ask to stop this feature being a window for each recruiter to try and out do the previous one? I think we all know that what they are writing is largely self-adulating, PR driven drivel. Instead of the usual 'arrived at 5am after a 30 minute power-hop to work. Immediately attended a meeting where I won the biggest deal in company history, before reviewing 100 CVs for great consultants who are queuing up to work here. Lunch, I didn't have time. I ate one of my own fingers and slept in the office to catch up on MI. I phoned the wife, told her I wanted a divorce due to Q4 pressure and the need to focus on tomorrow's hectic 1-2-1's'. How about a person that has the guts to be a bit more realistic?Stuart Smith 12 Sep 2008

Stuart, the Don salutes you.

No comments: